Support Worker Vacancies
Pathways to Opportunities is a company which provides support to adults with learning disabilities with additional needs. We specialise with working with complex individuals including those who have autism, challenging behaviour and chaotic lifestyles. We are based in Chadderton and provide day services, community and domiciliary care support throughout the Oldham Borough.
We are currently recruiting support workers to join our ever-growing team, the role will entail many responsibilities which include but are not limited to personal care tasks, administration of medication, assisting with household tasks/shopping, working within our day service, and exploring a wide range of community based activities with individuals. The role is extremely rewarding but requires an individual with a strong character who is capable of working hard, being flexible and motivated, working well as part of a team and being exceptionally kind and caring. Staff are also expected to drive and have business insurance on their policy.
We provide excellent support
Pathways to Opportunities is an excellent company to work for as we offer the following benefits:
- Regular team building evenings which are lots of fun and a great reason to get everyone together e.g. quiz nights, meals out, bowling, etc.
- Weekly “Staff Shout Outs” on our Facebook and Instagram page to give recognition to staff going above and beyond in their role.
- Varied shift patterns which are allocated fairly amongst the staff team.
- 28 days annual leave per year (plus an additional day so you can have your birthday off work!).
- Full comprehensive induction, high quality training and extensive shadowing periods.
- Paid travel time in between shifts.
- Paid mileage.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Ability to have ownership over your work and autonomy over certain tasks.
- Friendly and approachable management to air any concerns or questions.
- Adequate time to give quality support to those who need it most
- Freedom to engage in fun and different activities with people you are supporting.
If you are interested in hearing more about the role or would like an application form, please email Aimee. Alternatively, feel free to pop into our day service and we’d be happy to tell you more!